I have used a LOT of them but I never shot an elk with one.
I did kill a lot of deer with them as well as a few horses and cows on the ranch. When my Mauser 270 had it's 1st and it's 2nd barrels in it I shot more of that particular bullet from that rifle than any other. If something needed to be shot and I had the 270 with me that was the bullet it usually got shot with. I think elk is the only exception. Why.?...just because I typically had Partitions in my rifle if I was after elk, but looking back at what I saw killing those horses, I am pretty sure I would not have been disappointed if I'd have used an Inner Lock.

Like Mule Deer I also used WW2 surplus 4831 and I used a lot of GI 30-06 brass that I neck-sized down. I found in my Mauser that the same load of powder and the same primer would group the 150 Gr Nosler Partition and the 150 Gr Hornady Spire Points on top of each other. So for years I used the same load of powder with both bullets and never had a complaint.

I would buy them wrapped in clear plastic sleeves with 5 boxes together and most times I'd buy 2 or 3 of those at a time. I shot them a lot and loved them. My M70 Winchester shot them into just slightly over 1" and my Mauser with the 1st and the 2nd barrel shot them well under 1 inch The 2nd barrel was freakishly accurate for a long time---- until I shot the rifling's out of the throat.