I'm looking at getting into a 6.5 Creed with a composite stock for an everyday go anywhere in Texas shooter from Bull Frogs to BIG Boss Boar Hog's. Looks like I have just sold a too pretty to take to the deep woods Tikka T3 Gorgeous wood stocked swede , and spent all morning looking at Cabella's & Bass Pro's websites that claim to have inventory only an hour + from my home in East Texas.

These guys prices on line look almost decent with a Sale tag of usually $100+- off ... if they still have the inventory to sell when I get there next week.

So I'm looking for Opinions Please in the $650 to $850 + TTL price range, in a composite stock go anywhere shooter by brand & model name, with whatever war stories & opinions as this hopefully is gonna be last rifle I'm gonna buy at almost 80 years old . Call me spoiled but the T3 as typical, never had a moment of issues of any kind except that I wasn't gonna paddle a jon boat out of the deep woods & Black Lagoon movie looking water in the new Neches River TPW Forest with that T3 Swede...and have been working on getting the extractor replaced on my Mayfield Kentucky built Marlin Model 7, composite stocked, SS 270, that is perfect for and was bought specifically for this kinda job. PTL it shoots like a dream but ya have to use a cleaning rod to tap the spent round out the chamber every time you pull the trigger. What a PIA for sure.
Ron

Last edited by sakoron; 10/05/22. Reason: spealing & clarity