Darryle, Last week I was shopping Atwoods in Jacksonville looking for dog food on the way home from a monster Estate Sale, where I scored a couple shooters for my resale antique furniture bidnizz in the deep piney woods south of Tyler last week and was shopping for a CM of some sort for a Best Buy for the dollar for a better than expected beater rifle to hunt the new Neches River multi County State Owned property with - think another Big Sam Nat'l Forest out side of Huntsville sized property.

Anyway Atwoods has a bigger selection of midrange priced shooters than I expected and will probably be where I'll drop my pocket change when the time comes to get serious. Price's in Tyler OTOH at the big fancy Safari Outfitter started at $750+ and went up bigtime past the $1500's+ , but they were purtyier for sure , and surprisingly the big chain store from Houston across the parking lot is also too high .

Wal Mart in Palestine to my surprise also had a wall rack display full of of 6.5 CM's of all kinds in the $400 to $600+ range and had ammo, including Norma on the shelf too. LOT's of interest in East Texas for CM's where 30'06's have been king for over 75+ years.
Ron

Last edited by sakoron; 10/13/22. Reason: clarity