Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by Yoder409
So you raise Christmas trees Yoder ? We've got a Christmas tree farm just up the road here. I used to help them plant and trim in the spring/summer.

Yessir. I do, indeed.
That's cool. I love Christmas and all that goes with it. We still cut a concolor fir that goes clear to the ceiling from the tree farm up the road every year and decorate the ol' homestead to the max inside and out.

How high is your ceiling ??? Concolors are freakin' HEAVY !!!!

We did a 22-23 footer for my son-in-law's family one time. He parked a 30 foot gooseneck beside the standing tree. Only Christmas tree I ever put a felling notch in.
Not too high. A little over 7 foot. I love the smell of the concolors. We put a 5 foot artificial in the kitchen and a 3 foot on the night stand in the bedroom too. Plus strings of lights all around the living room and kitchen and around the archway between too. I even have a "Christmas Story" Red Ryder carbine with a compass in the stock, new in the box, that goes under the tree in the living room every year.

Yeah............... Concolors.

One of the slowest growing trees we raise. But all you have to do to sell one to someone is to pull a few needles and roll them. Stick that under their nose. Smells like a freshly peeled tangerine !!! SOLD !!! Beautiful trees when sheared out right.

Kudos on the Red Ryder !!!!! Just don't shoot yer eye out !!!

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.