Jordan;
Good morning to you my friend, I hope that the day is looking good on your side of the Rockies and all in your fine family are well.

Regarding your thoughts on Canadian confederation and history, I'd add the following observations.

Even in my youth there were still discussions about how to keep Canada "more British" and that was certainly a factor in the lack of a separatist movement out west - I think.

That said, somewhere in my cap collection there's a Western Canada Concept cap and that along with the Preston Manning's Reform Party were popular in our part of eastern Saskatchewan back then. For sure the Reform Party was Jordan.

While we've got a lot of recent immigrants here in BC, especially on the coast, the ones that I've interacted with see the inequity of the treatment of provinces very quickly and for the most part question it and do not approve.

I'm not sure which way the Lower Mainland might go if a vote came up today, but that said Jordan, given where our hydro power comes from as well as other natural resources, I'd think that a fiscal case could be made to the folks there for trying a different arrangement.

Personally, with no ill will towards our US friends whatsoever, I'd like to see a plan put forth for going on our own.

Your thought of "the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior" is in my view and direct experience spot on.

Interesting times for sure and as I keep saying, we'll see.

All the best and good hunting.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"