Let's see, I kill between 20 and 40 a year, all daylight, 90+% on public land and again 90+% between Nov. and March (prime pelts). I hunt sage, mesquite dunes, rolling hills and a lot of heavy cover (creek and river bottoms). I really like seeing how close they come in, I consider any coyote that doesn't come in closer than 300 yards to be a failed stand and try and figure out what I did wrong again most of my shots, 90+% under 100 yards with I'd say half of them half of that.. I very seldom kill more than one at a stand and call it a day unless it is the very first or second stand of the day. I do hunt a lot with drillings and combo guns plus bolt actions, I do have an AR in20P and 223(won it), as far as I'm concerned it is a horrible gun to hunt with and I've only killed coyotes with it to say I've done it. When I do kill more than one at a stand they are delayed response, I want to be sure that I can recover them. Most of my multiple kills are when I have a guest along and they do the shooting, I really prefer to hunt alone.. I like cold calling and exploring the country, so I try and avoid calling the same stands in a year. I have vast amounts of public lands within a hours drive of the house, plus I do travel out of state, AZ, UT, CO, NV, WY and I used to live in WA.

I have zero hate for coyotes and have no need to kill everyone I see.

Last edited by erich; 11/09/22.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders