Originally Posted by erich
Let's see, I kill between 20 and 40 a year, all daylight, 90+% on public land and again 90+% between Nov. and March (prime pelts). I hunt sage, mesquite dunes, rolling hills and a lot of heavy cover (creek and river bottoms). I really like seeing how close they come in, I consider any coyote that doesn't come in closer than 300 yards to be a failed stand and try and figure out what I did wrong again most of my shots, 90+% under 100 yards with I'd say half of them half of that.. I very seldom kill more than one at a stand and call it a day unless it is the very first or second stand of the day. I do hunt a lot with drillings and combo guns plus bolt actions, I do have an AR in20P and 223(won it), as far as I'm concerned it is a horrible gun to hunt with and I've only killed coyotes with it to say I've done it. When I do kill more than one at a stand they are delayed response, I want to be sure that I can recover them. Most of my multiple kills are when I have a guest along and they do the shooting, I really prefer to hunt alone.. I like cold calling and exploring the country, so I try and avoid calling the same stands in a year. I have vast amounts of public lands within a hours drive of the house, plus I do travel out of state, AZ, UT, CO, NV, WY and I used to live in WA.

I have zero hate for coyotes and have no need to kill everyone I see.

Well, based on that, it's understandable why you wouldn't see value in a suppressor – I likely wouldn't either.

But you'd no doubt agree, you're not going about things like the vast majority do. If you get three coyotes to come to the call, more often than not, you're one-and-done.
Most guys I know (self-included) want all three. smile

I prefer the second and third coyotes to exit at Mach 1, not Mach 6. A decent suppressor, more often than not, makes that a reality. And it sure helps in preserving what hearing I have left - same for hunting with a partner.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D