I wouldn't be bothered if either got the GOP nomination. But I very seriously doubt if the machine will allow trump to be President.

My impression of Desantis is, he knows he would have to "play the game" to an extent. Every federal elected official does,....some more than others. But Desantis would push back against it as much as possible.

I don't know what Trump would do. A *lot* of his appointments were impossible to understand and he turned against some people who worked very hard to get him elected,..especially Steve Bannon. Also, Trump tossing Jeff Sessions and taking on William Barr was a bad mistake. Allowing the RNC to install Mike Pence as his Veep was a bad move right off the bat.

When Trump put John Bolton and Eliot Abrams in his administration it became evident that he wasn't in charge of who got appointed to his administration.

It's all a moot point, however,....since like I said. the machine will never allow Trump to be President again.

I'm in doubt if the machine will ever allow *any* Republican to be President again.