Originally Posted by IDMilton
Bb, that was a good explanation, thanks for typing it out.

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day Saints. I was very surprised to see that headline when I clicked into this thread

From the article:

“ The nearly 17-million member, Utah-based faith said in a statement that church doctrine would continue to consider same-sex relationships to be against God's commandments. Yet it said it would support rights for same-sex couples as long as they didn't infringe upon religious groups' right to believe as they choose.”

Like BB explained, the LDS church teaches that marriage is between a man and a woman. This is an attempt to support individual legal rights so that church members can also legally retain their rights.

And I know polygamy is a sensational topic, but the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day Saints has been excommunicating anyone who practices it for over 100 years. The people who are polygamists are completely broken off and just saying they are still members.
Religious rights will not be preserved. It is a gradual erosion. Stupid people go along to get along.