My ancestors were Mormon handcart pioneers. My great-great grandfather was a polygamist with four wives, peak in UT carries his name. I have a little insight and knowledge of the religion. If you anticipate anyone leaving the church, you've never watched sheep getting herded. If anything, the 'prophet' will have a revelation allowing for same sex marriage just as the 'prophet' received a revelation allowing blacks to hold the priesthood in the church and all will be well. Tis is nothing new. The Book of Mormon has undergone changes from the original script, temple rituals have undergone changes, sacrament has undergone changes, etc. Curiously, one of the tenets of the founding of the church was that churches had undergone so many changes since the time of Christ a restoration of the "one true church" was needed. Hence, the angel visiting Joseph Smith to facilitate the "restoration". Inquisitive types would wonder--the church having ondergone many changes since the "restoration" -- whether the restoration was really needed and, if it was necessary, is it now time for another "restoration"? Others ponder on the fallability of the church's prophets given one declared the moon was inhabited by 12 foot tall practitioners of the Quaker faith. In the end, a few will huddle in a corner of the stake house, quietly mumble a bit about the direction of the "one true church", and conclude with exhortations to one another "Keep the faith, brother!". Much the same as did a good friend of mine when he moved to San Diego, tirelessly and loudly campaigned for Prop 8 and regretted doing so when his youngest son proclaimed his proclivity for "same sex attraction".