Originally Posted by flintlocke
Originally Posted by Longbob
I don't see a problem with the proposed law from the legislature. There are only a handful of states that have the resign to run laws in the first place. And some of those like Texas are fairly specific which offices are included and which are not. For example Ted Cruz did not have to resign when he was running for President.
Bob, if you ask why change the law? It must occur to you that it is at least possible that DeSantis does not expect a win, and doesn't want to lose his day job as the Gov. In which case, it is an indicator that he does not expect to win...just siphon votes. Wall St has poured north of 200 million into his war chest as of the first of November. My final question has to be...is the 200 million for DeSantis to win? Or 200 million to make Trump lose? I really don't know, neither candidate has called me.

Again, I see no problem in changing the law. There are only 5 states that currently have the resign to run laws on the books. Even fewer that include the office of the Governor for example.

The last one I know of that expected to win was Hillary. I don't think Trump expected to win, but he did. I don't see how expecting or not expecting has much to do with it in the first place. You never know and it is the legislature that is proposing the law.

Even as a Texas resident I prefer to see DeSantis as President if it wasn't Trump, but at a minimum I don't want to see him out of both offices. He has been a great Governor for Florida and I feel that helps the rest of the country.