scopes easily #1, broken firing pins x 2 old lever rifles - one about 120-year-old (1892) & one about 70- year-old (336), a Marlin 57 just fell apart while squirrel hunting after I put many many rounds through it, one weak (or maybe just due to 45 below zero weather) firing pin spring on an 80-year-old rifle (Springfield), one broken stock after the rifle and I tumbled down a steep hill (I carved that one from a blank - heartbroken I was), one the magazine tube holder fell off a lever rifle (Mossberg lever 30-30), One barrel failure on a Model 12 when there was an obstruction in the barrel that I didn't know about, another broken stock at wrist - poor wood layout. I'm not sure that were all the problems, but that's all I remember off-hand.

I've had enough failures that I bring a spare rifle now. Everyone in my hunting groups knows there's a spare rifle if they have an issue with their rifle/scope/ammo.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally