I've adjusted triggers too light. One wouldn't engage, the other went off when I cammed the bolt down into battery. Neither caused any damage thank goodness and both taught me that I didn't really need to lose that last few OZ of pull weight.

I watched dad get out of his vehicle on a day when it was spitting rain on top of melted then re-frozen snow/ice. He slipped and fell onto the heel of his stock (Wood M70 Fwt push-feed) and broke it right @ the rear screw.

Somehow ended up with a bent M-1 elevation turret on a Leupold. I hadn't fallen nor dropped it, still not quite sure how that happened.

I had the rear sling-stud strip out of a McMillan. I took the sling off and used the rifle-carrier thingy I'd bought for my pack for the rest of the trip. I JB'd the stud in place when I got home and it's worked fine for nearly a decade.

I arrived in WY, shot my rifle, everything is fine. Go to stuff ammo into the mag-box, nope, somehow the bullets are seated too long. I swapped to my backup and killed a decent Mule Deer buck.

Uncle pulled up his 760 6MM to shoot at a deer, started laughing and put the rifle down. Simmon's scope had a broken cross-hair.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.