Lots of these "rifle" failures read like scope failures to me. Yup, me too. A broken crosshair in a 10x Redfield and a condensation caused corroded battery compartment in a Bushnell. I did have a Winchester m100 trigger gunsmith adjusted such that it doubled, but it was readjusted better. A Remington m700 failure to feed from the magazine and my own ham fisted attempt to lighten another m700's Walker trigger too light so that it would go off when the safety was pushed off. A m700 weak extractor pulled over the top of a fired round. And a new Ruger RSI 77/22 that wouldn't eject. The only other failures I've seen from guys were lubrication gumming (don't use WD-40 or 3-in one oil) and the gun not going off or cycling. A bad one was out west with the snow falling on the back of a m700 in a scabbard and the heat from the horse melting it into the action where it froze. That cost my buddy a heck of a mule deer. I watched him build a fire and throw his bolt in like a piece of fire wood. Not recommended.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory