Very embarrassing. I was being shown around by the farm owner, letting me know where his property ended and where I could hunt when a 8 point buck stepped out about 35 yards in front of us. I fired three shots as he stood broadside from my scoped SKS to no effect. I spent the rest of the afternoon in a box blind. While sitting there with the rifle on my lap I realized I could move the scope about an eighth of an inch side to side and some up and down. Cheap Chinese base screws had sheared.

Was on a late December muzzle loader hunt with a group of six other guys. I was taking quite a razzing from the guys having missed on five shots. I finally killed a buck at about 50 yards. When I got home and was cleaning the rifle I put it to my shoulder and looked through the scope just in time to see the cross hairs sink to the bottom of the scope.

Had a sporterized Mauser 98 all lined up on a buck. When I pulled the trigger........nothing. At least I had a backup rifle with me and could continue to hunt. Got a replacement Bold trigger.

Had a new to me TC Contender with a 45 Colt barrel on it. My buddy and I were the only ones at the pistol range. I was standing in front of the wooden bench, put a round in the chamber, closed the action and BANG! Put a 45 caliber hole in the bench. I got to learn a whole lot about how Contender triggers worked and how to set one up properly.

Member:
NRA
Ohio Gun Collectors Association