I rarely regret selling a rifle because I'm bored with it. I sold a few rifles that I regret because I was short on money, like my first Win 94 back in the 90's. However, in Sept 2017 I fell off a ladder and missed a year of work with a shattered leg, three surgeries, and months of PT. I hadn't prepared for that kind of life changing event. I sold all my .35 Whelen rifles, got down to one each .338-06, .30-06, and .243, but managed to hang onto two .270 Win rifles. I had a few others I didn't sell, because I knew I couldn't turn them very fast, or they were ones I bought my Daughter and Wife to use.

I regret selling those rifles but I haven't replaced because I learned that what I sold wasn't important. What's important in not putting my family in that situation again where I have to sell things to get by. Our savings ran out after about five months of me missing work, with no long term disability insurance or large nest egg. I now carry enough disability insurance to safeguard my family, and enough life insurance to allow my wife to live very comfortably (I'm still amazed I'm upright! :D).

Now I just sell my firearms when the thing that enamored me to them wears off.