As someone whose livelihood is based around buying and selling used guns, I'll put in my perspective. If you're not attached emotionally, not using it, and can make good money while the market is still hot, sell it and enjoy the money while you're alive. 9 times out of 10, big collections left to family will still end up in my shop. Most often, the family will pick a couple they want, and sell the rest. Or 1 pos family member will sell off everything without the rest of the family knowing to fund their own needs. Or, just like money, cars, property, etc... its going to cause a whole lot of fighting when you're gone.

I swap out stuff fairly often, again with my job its real easy to be tempted by something new on a near daily basis haha There are a few that ain't going anywhere anytime soon, but as of yet I don't have kids, my brother passed, my sister is unable to have kids. So most likely my guns I may happen to have, will be set aside for a couple of cousins kids who so far, have an interest. Honestly I've been purging a bit lately to upgrade a few projects, or to fund some guns that are nice than what I have now. And to bank some money to maybe actually travel to hunt and USE some guns .