Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by memtb
Never been “that” bored. In 55 years I’ve only gotten rid of two…..and regret only one of them. But, we don’t have very many either! Pretty selective, thoughtful, and restrained about what we purchase! memtb

I like when you post because you are a little different than the rest of us. You are simple when it comes to rifles. You are like that guy they warn us about: "Beware of the man with 1 gun, he just might know how to use it"... While the rest of us are really rifle "loonies". My collection is probably very meager compared to a lot here, but I see it as a 401K or savings plan. I know other guys have said the same thing in the past. So, to answer the OP's question about getting "bored". I buy, not sell when I get bored... ha ha.. There is just so much that can be done to a rifle to make them better, so that keeps the boredom away for the most part.

Thanks BSA…..I think! 😉 Or……did you just say that I’m a “simpleton”! 😂 I’d like to think that I’m a fair rifleman, but I’m nowhere in the class with some of you folks!

Having a lot of firearms is very much like a good 401 K, and as of late…..value growing exponentially!

I’d really like to have more, and build more accuracy/satisfaction loads for new firearms…..but truthfully, I simply don’t have the time and am too cheap to burn components!

Confessions of a “wanna be” rifle looney! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024