Originally Posted by d500lnn
How many of y’all are guilty of selling rifles you really like(almost all of them) when you get bored or feel guilty for not using them? I do it every year and every time I regret selling….but how many rifles can you actually use?

I can think of 10-15 rifles off the top of my head I wish I’d kept..

I buy and sell and don't have any sentimental value to them. I wish I had kept some to sell at the current prices, but I don't miss them. I like disassembling rifles and looking at the construction and craftsmanship or lack there of in each example. I also like trying different cartridges. I am always in pursuit of the perfect mouse trap for my purposes and have never quite found it. I definitely sweat the details too much.

When I start feeling like I have too many projects I start purging. Sometimes I play a mental game with myself. I imagine a fire wiped out everything and I have to start over with the money to buy what I want. With a fresh perspective and nothing holding me to keep what I have, I have never kept it. Everything has always felt like a bit of a compromise. I have never met the perfect rifle and doubt I will. At this point, I have a much smaller battery and I have spent more time afield this year than I had previously in the past 15 years. My son is into fishing and I have done more of that as well. I got out and went hunting instead of messing with these little projects which invariably come when I buy a new rifle. As I say this I did buy a rimfire for a project, but I intend to have in the field soon. We are all looneys in different ways.