Some hunting partners and I have taken a bunch of big game with Bergers over the past 15 years, and the biggest "problem" I've encountered is that so many handloaders automatically hear "high muzzle velocity" when somebody says "long range bullets."

Bergers have high BCs, so don't need to be driven to warp speed to penetrate and kill well, whether somebody only shoots at "conventional" ranges (let's say 400 or less), or beyond 400. I tend to like 'em around 2800-3000 fps, depending on the bullet and cartridge, but if you're not going to shoot at under 200 or so.

The supposed info about drilling out the hollow-point so they'll expand more reliably doesn't apply, in my experience. Unlike conventional hollow-point hunting bullets, Bergers expand due to the thin "empty" jacket at the front end of the bullet collapsing within 2-3" of the bullet hitting hide. This applies even if you can't stick the tip of a safety pin into the "hollow point." It's also one of the great virtues of the Bergers: Instead of expanding immediately on hitting the animal, as most conventional bullets do, expansion is delayed until the bullet gets inside. This results in LESS meat damage than conventional bullets, and more damage to internal organs--but only IF you understand how they typically expand.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck