Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Was out in a field shooting water-filled milk jugs, balloons, etc., out to about 600 yards, when I spotted a coyote in an adjacent field mousing in the snow. After a couple of tries, the Leica LRF1200 gave a reading on the coyote of 942 yards. I was shooting a Tikka in .25-06 with 100gr SMK, and after checking DOPE, I dialed the correction into the Burris FFII Tactical 3-9x. Incidentally, that was the best-tracking Burris I ever owned.

Jordan,

The Burris FFII "Tactical" (which had a 30mm tube) was made close to 20 years ago, and featured a much stronger coil-spring erector-tube adjustment system than the 1" FFIIs. I know this because of getting one way back then--and still owning it today, due to it being so reliable on several rifles. Right now it's on my 6.5 PRC, a custom rifle by Charlie Sisk, which has been among my favorites over the past couple years.

But apparently most shooters couldn't believe such a "cheap" scope could dial so reliably, and hold up so well, so it was discontinued. But a few years ago Burris offered basically the same scope, but changed the name to the C4. Tested one of those and it also was dead-nuts, but apparently the same thing happened with the "perceived value," and it didn't last long.
Amazing that people will perceive value based on price. And then brag about how expensive it was!