Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by Dude270
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by KFWA
I was at a bar one night on a company gig, so the boss asked me to put a tab on my company card.

It wasn't alot, maybe $600 all told but I was in no condition to do math so when the time came to close out the tab, I gave the waitress a $50 tip which in my state I thought was pretty decent. Easy math.

On the way out the door the manager tracked me down and asked if there was a problem with the service because I gave such a crappy tip. I told her to tell me what a fair tip was. I was embarrassed that I did it, but in my head, I thought $50 was pretty good for slinging drinks for a couple of hours.I don't remember what I ended up giving her. I'm sure it was probably 20%.- whatever number the manager came up with that I thought was reasonable.

That was the first and only time anyone tracked me down for being a schitty tiipper.

I will never understand the reason for a tip being a percentage of the bill.

Then just go to McDonalds. Fine restaurants are off limits for you.

While I readily admit to being of lesser social status than my betters, I did not call for the abolishment of tipping, I merely am puzzled as to why it should be related to the bill.

What's so hard to understand about the fact that if you order 10 beers instead of 2 the waitress had to make 8 more trips to your table?

If I ordered a $100 steak or a $10 dollar burger same amount of trips back and forth no? Why does burger waitress get $2 but steak gets $20?

I will tell you this, if you were a young man in your twenties, or thirties, and you were on a first date with a "hot chick."
Of course your goal is to "get nekkid" with the girl. So, you don't take her to McDonalds, you take her to a really nice restaurant. If she catches you leaving a cheapo tip, your chance of banging her just went to zero. All young gals have either worked as waitresses, or their mother or sister did, they don't like cheap tippers.

I'll keep that in mind when I time travel back to my twenties...

I tip well, the above is an example - but valid question none the less. Do you have an actual answer other than if you want to fu,ck a new girl you need to flash the cash?