Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by beretzs
Again, if you’re smoking cases after 3 reloads you can really do whatever you want, hopefully far away from people that aren’t wearing safety glasses or long sleeves.

I never said I was smoking cases after 3 firings I said the primer pockets start feeling a little loose after 3 or 4 firings when they did I pitched them.

I been handloading since about 1976 or 77....never once have I had any issues with any thing I've handloaded.....each gun is a different animal when you're loading hot.
At the first sign of pressure I always back off a little.

I don't remember the exact load I was shooting in my 24" barreled 7mm Rem. magnum I do recall the velocity I was shooting. The 5 shot average over a PACT chronograph was 3325 fps with Reloader 19 and a 140 gr. Nosler Ballitic tip the powder charge was a little over recommended max....I was set up .010 off the lands.

With a160 gr. Nosler Partition I was averaging a little over 3200 fps with Hodgedon 1000 I cam recall of the powder charge was over the recommended max and both loads shot to the same point of impact at 100 yards..

You girls should stick to your pip squeak Creedmores...I hear their cases last forever.

If you’re getting 3200 with a 160 and any powder out of a 24” barrel you’re putting the berries to it. I shoot bigger cases 7mms and that’d smoke my stuff out of longer barrels.

It’s your rifle and such so I don’t rightly care how you use your stuff. Don’t take it the wrong way, I like to run my stuff to what it’s capable of. I just don’t believe hammering my guns and brass adds anything to the gunfight.

Semper Fi