Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
From another forum, regarding this place........

Its a tough group of forums and buzybodies, trolls, self aggrandized experts, genuine asses, and mostly good guys abound there.

Could it even be more accurate? I don't think so.

To the good guys! Salute!
I’ve been here 21 years and counting, and I’d say that’s a pretty accurate description! grin
I came in here when Shooters. com imploded, and I’ve always been thankful to Rickster for getting the Campfire going and giving us a new home.
At that time, there was around 200 or 250 of us refugees, and I felt we all knew one another.
Now there’s God knows how many of us and I know there’s everything the other forums claim. But I still feel pretty lucky to have landed here. There’s a freakin wealth of knowledge here. I don’t know how many times that fellow Campfire Members have given me good advice and pointed me in the right direction!
I hope that some of my own little knowledge has helped some others
One of the things that have constantly amazed me, is the number of people who knew what they’re talking about. From guns to reloading to history and many more subjects, I feel that overall we’ve got some great people around here!
Kinda blows that whole “tobacco chewing Red Neck” thing all to hell!
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden