Originally Posted by kenoh2
Decided that I needed to burn some club points on a Glock 40 MOS. Did a search of store inventories and found them in stock an hour and a half away.
Arrived at the store and was the only customer at the gun counter. Seemed unnecessary but pulled a number off the dispenser. Waited ten minutes before a mid-twenties lump of goo put his phone down and acknowledged my presence. Told him I wanted a Glock 40. He opened the case and retrieved a 20 saying that it's the only 10mm they have. I told him that it shows 40s in stock on the website and asked him to check the back room. He just stood there and said a bit louder "WE DON'T HAVE ANY!" then walked away and went back to diddling his phone.
I was Fing steaming!
Started walking to the front door but decided to go back try again with a different person. Luckily, the department supervisor called my new number. I told him that the large young man wouldn't check the back room for a Glock 40 that is shown in stock online. He spun around, went into the storage room and returned with the gun within thirty seconds.
As I was completing paperwork and checking out, sales slug #1 was told twice by the supervisor to get off his phone while customers were waiting.

This is every day at the local Bass Pro...I hate the damn place.