Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Having owned both and shot both I'll vote for the 7MM-08 only because IMHO felt recoil seems to be less in the 7MM-08. When I've had rifles that are about 99% identical I always thought the 08 just didn't seem to kick as much or felt that way. The CM seemed more snappy if that makes sense?? But since you said for a young hunter it may make a difference??

OM, that's interesting and probably due to the "rocket effect" given the .264" bore vs. the .284" bore. I've often found cartridges don't "feel" like recoil numbers indicate, and have always assumed bore size, given comparable platforms, accounted for most of the perceived difference.

That is interesting....

I have two identical kimbers in each of the chamberings discussed here and can tell you without a doubt that the Creed is the softer shooter... and that's both running 140's.

The Creed has way more over the counter ammo offerings and it's a pretty simple task to tailor a low recoil load that would be a good trainer and work fine on deer.

I've killed enough Roosevelt elk with the Creed and my .260 to dismiss any idea that the 7mm will work better... hit for hit, there is no difference. I've killed elk with the 129 Interlock, 140 Federal Fusion and 140 Sierra spbt - no worries...

When I set my grandson's up with their 1st big game rifle, they'll both be in 6.5 Creed.

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....