Thanks to all for the comments and suggestions. I went out to the shop to get a look at the stock after the epoxy had cured, I think it looks good. I only found one small run and it was on the bottom of the butt under the recoil pad.

I have had a couple of back and forth private messages with Sitka deer, starting back before I even started this project. Art (Sitka) was kind enough to give me a call and we spoke for about a half hour. Art was very gracious and helpful. Since I had wanted to do 'his' version of the epoxy stock seal and finish, I asked for his instructions. I have decided to follow his directions. The stock is cured now, next I will sand with wet-or-dry paper using water as lubrication. Right now the stock feels as if I had just raised the whiskers on the wood, of course that is the epoxy. I will sand it down smooth with the wet-or-dry while keeping from sanding through the epoxy itself. After sanding I will be applying Tru Oil. I will deal with the shine after it is finished.

After looking all over the internet and reading about all the different ways to finish a stock, I feel like tradition demands I do 'extra'. Maybe some type of incantation or chant as I apply? Maybe the Tru Oil should only be applied on days immediately following a full moon? I think when I apply the Tru Oil I will make sure I have an old copy of Outdoor Life opened to an article by Jack O'Connor near by. At the very least I will, at some point, rub the finish with my bare hand. That way I can say in all truth that is it a "hand rubbed oil finish".

Actually the final finish of the stock will come after a lil more work. Specifically I will fit the action and bottom metal again and make sure the epoxy didn't interfere with the fit. After that I will most likely apply some Pro Bed 2000 to the stock under the action, around the recoil lug and under the first portion of the barrel. Then the oil finish.

Not gonna lie, I'm cautiously excited for how this is starting to look. I'm also a bit nervous. The closer it gets to completion, the easier it would be to screw it all up. Moving slow. Still trying to decide how I want to do the latch on the magazine floorplate.