Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by ldholton
then you have like Burris that has Scopes made in at least three different places and you have to learn the line of Scopes to learn which ones are made china, philippines, Us . names I haven't seen mentioned were Leupold and Steiner and I think Leopold some of the models are Chinese made nowadays.

Like most thing you are wrong yet again.

All Leupold scopes are made in the USA.
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Your kidding us? Right?

Swarovski doesn't make kaka. They might use proprietary lense coatings but like everyone else they source lenses and prisms.

I don't care what anyone claims I found long ago all this stuff is spec'd out from around the world, and typically it's locations in Asia. Some may have optics actually made in Japan or Phillipines but it's not the complete story. Yeah the scope or whatever might be made in Japan, Korea, Phillipines, but more than likely there's Chinese parts or components on board that ate in there. Not always but it's really common.

As for Leupold. They don't manufacture lenses prisms. All their product is from sourced materials and they might make scope times in America and assemble some here. The vast amount of components in their optics are east asian in origin.

Now years ago when US Optics was in California they actually made Scopes and sourced Schott Glass lenses. Today thats not the case and those days are pretty much gone.

People get really caught up in this but these optics companies are marketing companies. They sell an image or brand and advertise and go to trade shows. Behind the scenes they're slinging optics from ol' Xi in China. But make no mistake you can spec out higher end lenses and components or you can go full junk.