Since I have no way of knowing what retailers, local or online, pay for the stuff they sell, it’s pointless and silly to rag on them about their prices, especially the sales people who simply work there and have zero input about pricing. Shipping costs have gone up due to the skyrocketing price of diesel, ordinary store employees commonly start at $15 or more per hour, because that seems to be the level at which getting up to go to work makes economic sense. A lot of powder is made in Europe where inflation and energy prices are worse than here. Everything has gone up, so why should the stuff we buy for our fun be any different? There’s a thread here about the cost of fast food that ought to provide a clue.

I poke around on the web a good bit checking prices and availability. Things are easing a bit here and there, especially ammunition in common calibers. Decent .22s can be had for less than $4.00 a box if you look, a big change from none to be had at any price. Just now I saw some primers for $85 per K and Tac for $30. The primers are still high, but they’re there. Gotta look around, and jump on what you want when you see it. Bouncing around from store to store isn’t a good strategy right now.

What fresh Hell is this?