Welcome to the world of NO STANDARD SPECS in the AR 10 WORLD.

Everybody including Ruger does their own dance with this platform.

Including port size, port location, gas tube length, buffer spring strength, buffer weight,.....yeah all of that and sometimes more or less depending on the manufacturer.

Most seem to loosely follow the DPMS pattern up to a point. some closer than others which is a "kind of standard". Armalite paved the way but DPMS made it more reachable for gun nuts.
Alot of them do not know what they are doing so they look over the shoulder of another manufacturer and copy what they have....including the bugs.
Looks like Ruger did just that.

I suggest a SpringCo red/orange buffer spring and an Expo Arms heavy buffer.
It will calm ejection and you wont need the adj. block unless you run a suppressor.

Not the same I know but I have 2 PSA G3's in .308 18" barrels.
BOTH run fantastic, out to 400 yards 3" groups with hand loads 168 grn ballistic tips which is a farting around load. I use that load for multiple .308's including bolt actions.
That being said I like them both. They run well. 4'o clock ejection and 5 feet away. I took off the adjustable gas blocks. The blocks worked but it was just once piece I did not want to have to worry about locking up or just crapping out. So I put a regular gas block on both.
I have hunted with both and the last thing you want is that stupid adjustable block not working on a hunt.

Designed CORRECTLY from the get go it would not need it....this includes Ruger and everybody else that slaps it on the barrel.

Do I like them, heck yeah, they are fun and and enjoyable to shoot.

Best
HeavyDove

Last edited by HeavyDove; 12/15/22.