Originally Posted by joemcneill
So, if I'm reading you right, POF has exclusive rights to building 308 AR's. No one else!
Does that also apply to Colt and anyone else making 223 AR's, since they got the right's from Aamalite?

If POF has the patent on their design, then yes they can sue Ruger and win. Not hard to understand. It is also not the first time Ruger has done this sort of thing. They got themselves in hot water over other things in the past. As for people using others patents: A patent is only good for a certain amount of time. After that, it's fair game. Hence the reason many builders are building rifles based on the Ruger 10-22. The patent expired and now anyone can use it. I'm not a lawyer and have not researched it with great effort, but that is just how it works. There is basically no protection from patent infringement after the patent expires. The reason why anyone can basically build an AR15 or Armalite AR10. But if you go and copy someone else's product that has patent protection, prepare to get slapped with a lawsuit. The guys over at Ruger are pretty stupid, so I'd expect nothing less from them...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA