Originally Posted by gonehuntin
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/trump-suggests-he-may-run-third-party-ticket-2024

Former President Trump has last week hinted that he'll hand-grenade the 2024 presidential election for Republicans by running as a third-party candidate.

Trump shared an American Greatness article by Dan Gelernter which suggests that establishment Republicans would do everything in their power to prevent Trump from winning again, and that voters like Gelernter would rather vote for Trump on a third-party ticket even if it means losing the election.

In 2021, Trump told RNC Chairwoman Rona McDaniel that he was "done" with the party after receiving virtually no support over his claims that Democrats cheated in the 2020 election.

"You cannot do that. If you do, we will lose forever," McDaniel reportedly told Trump regarding a 3rd party run, according to a book by ABC News reporter Jonathan Karl. "Exactly – you will lose forever without me. I don’t care. This is what Republicans deserve for not sticking up for me," Trump allegedly shot back.
I don’t disagree with him.

Republicans wouldn’t lose forever though. There’s too much entrenched money and power there. One of two things would happen. Either the RINO party would move right reluctantly to keep some power even if not the Presidency and eventually revert back to being establishment republicans. Or they’ll take a bloodbath short term and wait for Trumps base to eventually turn on him or for Trump to pass. Either way time is on their side.