First off, I voted for Trump both times just to be clear.

Second, I do not believe there is any chance this whole mess gets turned around and said that if we did not have a landslide midterm win over the dems, the country is lost to them. We did not have that landslide.

Third, I hope/pray I am wrong on point two.

Fourth, Trump has made some big mistakes lately. If it is still possible to win an election legitimately, third party is not the way. Trump has sided against the 20 opposing McCarthy and that should, at least, give you concern about his thought process. Those 20 are the ones fighting the fight. Trump should have kept his yap shut and waited it out. Not smart to be seen supporting swampers in front of MAGA people, it looks weak. This Speaker fight will expose the weak swamper types, so it is a good thing. We will be pretty sure who must go.

Fifth and lastly, The media and dems have done a nonstop hit job on Trump for over six years and it has tarnished him to a substantial degree with the dimwitted part of the public. Trump cannot win without all republicans and some independents and dems. He has lost some MAGA people already because they think he cannot win at this point and will lose more over his endorsement of Oz (which gave us fetterman) and a few others. Many see him as alienating the majority due to his personality. And now this McCarthy mistake. The best that can happen at this point is for Trump to align behind the scenes with a strong fighter/contender (DeSantis) with the same MAGA agenda for 2024, keep it quiet and throw his support to him at the last of the campaign. He would not waste his followers, have an influence on the country's direction and economy and be seen as the Patriot we think he is. That would take a lot for someone with Trump's personality to do, but it would be best for the country and Trump.

In the meantime, identify strong conservative likeable candidates that appeal to the public and develop a strategy to hit it hard day one after the election. Know exactly who would be in charge of what and triple vett them.