My experience with light for caliber Barnes bullets has been excellent with extraordinary penetration. I have not used the 300 gr TSX on game, but it might be a very good N. American load. Agree S.D. and B.C. might suggest wood's ranges. I've no experience with moose, except the one Maine moose I did see was really big, but the chest seemed narrow like a white tail rather than like a bovine. Would moose be within its useful capability @ 2500-2600 fps?

And apologies for extending the 300 gr TSX thread to include 350s. In my experience and reading, the drawbacks of the 350 TTSX include: 1) Fragility of the TTSX tips in the magazine under recoil [Whether theoretical or real, I don't remember]; 2) The boat tail reduces powder capacity; and 3) some, including Connie Brooks, reported it is excellent for most African species such as buffalo while others remarked bigger is better.

Most of my hunting has been with 400 gr. DGX. My one N America hunt was with a Speer 350 which blew up on the shoulder (scapula) of a medium-sized white tail at about 90 yards. I followed up the next day and dispatched with a .308W. The 416 site was a terrible wound and I was sorry for creating it.