I posted 300 and 350 TSX cp to 400DGX on another thread. Thought I would update terminal results with 300 TSX [here] from that thread. For terminal ballistics tests I chose as my test - passage and expansion through 2 1-gallon jugs of water, followed by 4 mil plastic tarp to keep sand dry two 8x8 inch boxes filled with construction sand backed by another 8x16 inch box of sand. I shot from 15 yards and bullet passage would include layers of cardboard as well as the sand. I had no idea what to expect but I dog-eared the boxes.

My control bullet was a Hornady factory loaded 400 gr DGX @ 2400fps, and my test bullets [was] a 300 gr TSX @ 2500fps. The 300 gr TSX penetrated midway through the first box or about 4 inches of sand. and mushroomed @ .785 The bonded 400 DGX came to rest at about 8 inches and fully mushroomed at .610. Though bonded, no lead was on any of the 6 petals.

The 300 TSX should be a good alternative for most critters, precision grouping has been impressive, and recoil noticeably reduced.