shootem,

That's the plan! Though part of the reason I'll continue working for Sports Afield is not only do I enjoy it, but they pay better than the other magazines I've been writing for in the last decade. (One of the general trends in the business has been pay dropping for the past 25-30 years, which is why GSPfan, in his above post, has noticed the same photos and hunts appearing in more than one magazine. Lower pay means you have to write up the same material in various places to make ends meet.)

I also enjoy writing for Rifle Loony News. When Eileen and I started it 14 years ago, I mostly wrote articles I'd proposed to conventional magazines, and none of 'em wanted. This was because either the editor didn't get the concept, or there weren't going to be enough mentions of advertisers--and mentioning advertisers frequently in magazines has been another major trend during the same period. But RLN doesn't take advertising, and Eileen is the editor, who after living with me for 40 years "gets" even my strangest suggestions for articles!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck