Congrats on the move toward retirement John. I did it 100% 9 years ago and am busier than I ever expected.

My late father in law shared an article with me many years ago, and after reading it he asked how I liked it. I said you are correct that John's words are very informative to the subject of the article. I believe it was a precision shooting monthly or bi monthly magazine he enjoyed reading and was I believe small calibers and shooting sage rats / ground squirrels/ accuracy tips , as we both were very new to Northern Califonia skippy shooting and just compiling guns to enjoy the fun the act is. Not long after you were selling a hunting book here and I had you sign it. When I gave it to him and showed him your signature and words he thought I was pulling his leg. He didn't realize both you, and Steve Timm were posting and replying on a darned internet website. He also admired Steve's articles and a few caliber comments in I believe the Hornady reloading manual. Gary appreciated, used and had proven your writing was to his findings very good information. He actually had his first custom rifle built after reading yours and other writers words, and was happy he bit the bullet to get a custom made and shot his best ever groups with it.

Enjoy the free time you may have, get out in the field and enjoy your passion of the outdoors while your body allows. I have learned as I age that delaying a trip sometimes becomes a regret. And keep writing good stuff John, you are appreciated more than you know.

Allen