Thanks, Allen.

Nice to hear the story about your father-in-law!

As far as doing stuff in the outdoors, have posted elsewhere that the reasons for getting into the outdoor writing business included liking to write (was determined to be writer from about age 12), and knowing that it would offer plenty of opportunities to hunt and fish, often in other places around the world, instead of waiting until I retired to do it. That happened, in places from Alaska to Africa, including several trips to Europe and other countries such as New Zealand and Argentina. Some places were visited more than once, including eight African safaris up to a month long, and 15 hunts in Canada from British Columbia to Quebec.

In fact Eileen and I traveled enough to now be content to mostly hunt and fish in Montana (where many other people dream about traveling to!) and have taken good enough care our selves to still be able to. But are looking forward to quite a bit more fishing, which we didn't get to do as much after hunting became our main focus!

John

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck