Originally Posted by shootinurse
Good to know you'll be in SA. A stellar magazine, and your pieces in the current issue were spot on, as usual.

Glad you liked 'em! I enjoy writing for SA, as it allows a much wider range of subject matter than most "pure" gun magazines.

Some other comments on other posts:

Greg Perry, am sorry, but there won't be a send-off article in Wolfe---partly because I'm already getting busier again, due to working for www.riflesandrecipes.com in ways other than just writing. Eileen developed the website and associated book-publish company, but pretty much ran it by herself for well over a decade--which is the main reason I could retire from Wolfe. So now I'm helping her more!

Scotty, I am planning to do some of the things I used to do more of before getting into gun writing. One is fishing--which I used to do a lot, and wrote about as well, especially flyfishing. But in the 1990s hunting/gun writing started paying significantly more than fishing writing, so I quit writing about fishing. Eileen and I were kind of relieved, because then we could go fishing without having to take photos for articles, or be thinking of "story angles." Instead we could just go fish and relax.

But instead we went fishing far less, since I was far busier writing hunting/gun stuff. In fact, often my only fishing during entire years was outside Montana--when I was on a hunting trip to, say, Alaska. After getting the big game, I could catch salmon, grayling trout or whatever. (This isone reason I have several take-down fly rods that will fit alongside my rifle inside its airline case.) So we're gonna do more fishing!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck