Despite all the negative reports I've read in this thread....

the 15 years I lived in Minnesota and hunted Northern MN and Northern Wisconsin for those 15 years.
It was the only bullet I used, in factory produced ammo for my 30/06.

IT NEVER failed, regardless of distance. I wanted a round that would put a deer down on the spot, because you get a runner in those northern swamps.. good luck retrieving it...The furthest distance I ever shot a deer with it, was at 300 yds +...across a Wisconsin swamp.

Had to walk a good 1/2 mile or more around the swamp to locate the buck, I'd shot on the other side. When I came upon it, it was laying dead and had a little blood spot on its right side, right behind the shoulder... I turned it over, and it had another quarter sized exit hole, and there was 5 or 6 corn kernals laying on the ground with the exit hole.. and not much blood laying on the ground....

When I cut it open to gut it, the lungs and the top of the liver looked like it had been stirred with a chain saw....

Snow on the ground, showed it had dropped at my shot, DRT.. Never knew what hit him...

With that much sectional density of a 220 grainer, when I shoot it at steel at 300 yds, it certainly hits that plate with authority...
its FT/LB numbers may not look real impressive on a from a reload manual... but when it hits, it certainly will penetrate thru right quite a bit.

I've never recovered a bullet when using the 220 grain RN...be it corelokt, or a Hornady or Sierra S.P.

If I need a bullet with some real thump when using an 06 or 300 Win Mag, it is the one I purchased... Been handloading since 1995.
With RL 22 in an 06, you get 2650 fps at the Muzzle... with 83 grains of H1000 in a 300 Win Mag with it, its MV is just short of 3000 fps.

The way the 300 Win Mag slaps a steel gong at 300 yds, with that bullet, is IMPRESSIVE. Certainly gets the attention of others down at the Shooting Range.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez