I’m currently in. It’s changed a lot since I joined. Looking forward to that retirement date. At the end of the day, the military is a SUPER easy way to have a job and security. Right time, Right place, Right uniform and just a little bit of a decent attitude toward it. I do my fair share of bitching, and it’s mainly about the stupidity and lack of common sense that seems to propagate these days. There is a lot of stupid stuff happening in the military, but also some good mixed in(new MPLP is one example).

It’s all situation dependent on if I’d say to join or not. Just was talking to the little brother of my wife’s closest friend. He was thinking about joining as a wheeled mechanic(wants to work on diesels). Told him to go Air Force 100% over Army and to not we think about the Marines(sorry to the Marines out there… yalls QOL is trash majority of the time).

In the end I got him to apply for Wyotech, go through the school and see where he lands. If he still wants/needs to join, go talk to the recruiters and see if they would cover any debts from Wyotech and join up.