Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Originally Posted by Chase4556
In the end I got him to apply for Wyotech, go through the school and see where he lands. If he still wants/needs to join, go talk to the recruiters and see if they would cover any debts from Wyotech and join up.

From the perspective of a retired 30+ year automotive instructor with 60+ years as an auto, truck, aircraft, and industrial equipment mechanic- - - - - -Wyotech is "sorta-kinda" OK for getting the entry level skills to get his foot into the door at your average auto or truck shop over somebody who strolls in off the street with no formal training and applies for a job. RUN- - - - -DO NOT WALK away from Universal Tech- - - - - -they're a huge ripoff! Massive tuition costs, and incompetent instructors.

I'm almost ashamed to admit I spent 8 years in the USAF these days, but at least I didn't run off to Canada or burn my draft card in the 1960's!

I know nothing about it, was just the options he was tossing around. Wyotech or Military. Told him go to Wyotech, see what the military can offer you after. Pretty sure his mom and sister are hoping he gets a job after Wyotech and doesn’t join. Can’t blame them.