Originally Posted by hanco
Even if you had to pay a welder, just seems better.

I agree with everything you posted. We actually had a welder back home in south Louisiana agree to fabricate some stuff for us. But it was a low priority job & never materialized. So we went to a local fabricator & talked to him. I thought it all looked great & I was all for it but the next time I showed up at the camp there was a big pile of lumber waiting for me. It's all good because we had fun and that particular stand will never ever move. Like you, the other guy in the photograph with me is a commercial plumber so we've gotten a lot of useful scrap (especially irrigation pipe) to use around the camp.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Even though the deer stand I posted a photo of was by most camp's standards ridiculously tall, there was a somewhat legitimate reason for it. Being able to shoot over that slight ridge in the distance is a good thing along with the ability to shoot at as much of a downward angle as possible. I like to guarantee the bullet is going into the dirt shooting in that direction because there's a road at a distance behind the trees. Safety is a priority.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by odonata; 02/01/23.