Not on my carry gun yet since I haven't mastered their use for fast shooting but am bound and determined to get good with them. Have had Burris Fastfires on my Ruger Mark III and IV pistols for a while now but those are for deliberate aimed fire.

A little while ago I bought a 5" barreled M&P 2.0 Pro Series model and mounted a spare Fastfire on it to familiarize myself with its use. Today I plunked down my money for an M&P 2.0 4.25" optics ready version. At some point I'll probably get a Holosun for both of them, maybe a Vortex Venom or a Leupold DPP for the 5" model but that's a decision for later.

As noted above, beyond about 15 yards is where you really tell the difference in accuracy. With open sights at 25 yards I can keep a 4" group but it's about 5-6" high. Its not the sights but my eyes, they're old and the front sight gets blurred. With the new Pro Series mounting a reflex sight and taking deliberate aim, the shots are right on the target center and groups stay within about 3". Not world class shooting but the win goes to the optics.

Up close - 7 to 10 yards - is where they are still a problem for me. With an open sighted pistol the barrel itself is the reference, not necessarily the sights. It's like a big fat finger in my peripheral vision and I can be on target and shooting accurately before the sights even line up. The optic sight obscures the forward portion of the slide and I find myself searching for the dot so it slows me up considerably. That's even with the dot in the view window as the pistol comes up; I'm looking to make sure it's where it should be before letting off the shot, whereas with open sights the first shot would already be down range. Since it's a more precise aiming reference my instinct is to aim more precisely before firing.

Basically I learned to point shoot a long time ago as a kid and am pretty good at it, and it's a skill I don't want to lose while still melding use of the dot into the repertoire.

I understand it's just a matter of training which is why my 9mm ammo budget is going up considerably for the foreseeable future. shocked

Fwiw, I recently bought a Hillary hole Model 67-5 .38 Spl., something I wouldn't have even considered a while ago, just because it's d&t and can easily take a red dot mount. I'm sold on them.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!