Originally Posted by justin10mm
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by jwp475
I wanted a red dot forever because I thought I'd love it. Finally got one and put it on a Glock 40. I just can't warm up to it. Hats off to anyone that can afford to put in enough time and money to get fast with one, because it ain't me.

I'd personally never put one on a serious carry gun. The added accuracy potential doesn't make up for the slower target acquisition in my book. Give me a laser instead.

There is no cost to learn how to acquire the DOT fast, it is all about presentation and that can be learned without firing a shot. If you can't find the FOT then you aren't aligned with your sights.
Perfect presentation and sight alignment are fine goals however real world situations don't always allow for it.

Then you are going to miss any fast needed fire.
Real world dies allow for it and this can be proven just go to a major competition and the fastest shooters will be using DOTs.

Your grip must be consistent as well as consistent presentation to aquire the sights or DOT quickly

Real world self defense shootings don't take place on IDPA ranges.

Why is that? Not many if any at the police station either? Do you have a point are do you get off on posting BS

Last edited by jwp475; 02/10/23.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first