Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
If everyone would quit buying cheap dots the whole failure thing wouldn't be an issue.

I think cheap dots are great. But I don't have one on a handgun yet. I now have 2 of the Sig Romeo 5s on rifles. Can't see it getting too much better.

I've only got one handgun that came ready to accept the RDS. I've only had it since august and am enjoying it the way it came. But I expect it'll eventually wear the dot. A knowledgeable friend tells me that I'm limited by footprint of the cut-out on the P365X as to what I can readily mount.

The Romeo Zero stands out as a likely candidate, in my mind, simply because of my experience with the Romeo5.

In a sort of backhanded rebuttal of TRH's complication vs simplicity remarks, I'd say that even if newer and advanced technology is used, there is no simpler sighting system than a dot sight. It puts the alignment of front and rear sights in the same light as the use of the bronze sword.

And after reading reviews of the Romeo Zero, I gotta reconsider. Seems the polymer frame can flex when mounting screws are snugged and it's sometimes enough to make it difficult or impossible to zero.

Next option looks like the Holosun 407K/507K X2. Does anyone with the 507K X2 use the circle dot reticle? I gotta think that the bigger dot of the 407K X2 would be easier to pick up and hit with. But I'd like opinions on that before I send money...

I have the 507K on my Sig P-365XL and the 507C on my EDM-ELITE with the Circle DOT and I love them

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first