The Remington's look better than JM Marlins to my eye.

The Marlins are Plain Jane, I think, but better than the Mossberg as far as looks go. The Marlins are accurate and were a good rifle for the money. My 336 Waffle top 30-30 is at a smith due to not firing about every 5th round. A common problem according to that Smith. My 39 had feeding issues, now fixed. My model 57 22 I had when I was young was accurate, but had a horrendous trigger pull. My 336 35 Remington has had zero mechanical problems.

The 30-30 336 is more accurate than my Win 94, but the 94 is better handling and perhaps accurate enough for the range it is designed for. My Winchester 64 was about a 1 1/2 to 2 MOA rifle with the best loads and as accurate as the 336 30-30, I suppose. The Winchesters (92, 94, 64, & 86) have had zero mechanical problems. The Mossberg is accurate, but I had to change out the magazine to barrel holder. I've not tested the Remington's for accuracy yet. The Remington's have a safety that I'd like to throw away. My Win 92 is perhaps the most accurate lever gun I have ever owned.

I think that telling my experiences with the JM Marlins vs. Mossberg, Winchester and Remington are my experiences. If you JM lovers hate to hear someone's experiences, too bad. I'd like to think this forum isn't just for JM worshippers.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally