Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by Bugger
I’ve had troubles with a Remington Marlin 45-70 the loading gate dropped -a problem when feeding the cartridge slow.

The loading gate is a piece of spring steel held by a machine screw. If it dropped, the screw backed out. It had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with how slow or fast you fed the cartridge in. Do you just make stuff up?

The more I read from Bugger leads me to believe he's a shut in poser who probably has never owned a single gun in his life.

As it turns out that was the problem however you’re wrong regarding how fast or slow I worked the action.

As far as some Marlins not firing every now and then, it is a known problem, but likely not to those with your knowledge. My gunsmith fixed in my waffle top 30-30. He said that for his Marlin he made a permanent change so that he didn’t have to close the action hard. But since you claim to be all knowledgable I’d think you might if known that.
Fact is RAM you are a blowhard - full of yourself and way to high opinion of you bleak knowledge. GFY

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally