I agree that JM stamped Marlin prices are out of sight. I have a couple Remington Marlins that in every way “look better” than the old Marlins. I don’t know much about them because I’ve not shot one near as much as the old Marlins. But I will. One’s in 44 Mag and the other is in 45-70. It’s the 45-70 I’ve been shooting a lot lately.
I would not have put my 35 Remington JM up for sale, except the prices for them have gone past their value to me. I really like it but for the money they were going for - bye bye.
As far as accuracy my waffle top 30-30 is amazingly accurate. The only issue I had with it was the firing pin assembly getting worn and the part that ensures the lever is up all the way stopped the firing pin to strike the primer some of the time. That’s not good for a hunting rifle or a rifle used in a lever action silhouette match.
A good gun smith is fixing the problem.

As far as someone finding themselves in a deep dark hole, my advice is to stop digging. You’re not doing yourself any favors.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally