Originally Posted by DeWman
I’ve had a Burris “predator quest” ff2 that I’ve sent back 3 times for repair. Yes it was free of charge each time and they were prompt with the repairs and return. I have several Leupold vx2’s dating from the 70’s,80’s,90’s to now. All still working fine. This is my experience.

Leupolds started having some problems around 2010, and did so for several years. It was bad enough for a while that I kept several copies of the repair-order sheet on hand, because so many needed to head to Oregon. It appears that's over now, but it happened.... But rarely ever had any problem with the older ones, which is partly why I still have several.

Have been using Fullfield IIs since shortly after 2000, including the Pentax scopes that were made by Burris in the USA back then, which were identical except for the name on the outside and slight changes in the exterior curves. They even had the Ballistic Plex reticle, but probably called it something else.

Have killed dozens of head of big game with 'em, and far more varmints. The only one I had to send back for repair was the LAST of the USA-made scopes I still owned, made around 2007--a standard 3-9x40. This happened a couple years ago, and they had it back to me within two weeks. But it had been on a lot of rifles, including some hard-kickers, including a .300 Weatherby.

All the rest have been the Philippine-made scopes, which some people thought would be lower quality--and a few still apparently think so today. This has not been my experience, and the reason is that Burris didn't just tell the Philippine factory make something like the FFII. Instead they shipped identical tooling to them, and then taught them how to use it.

I requested a 3-9x40 for a review as soon as possible, and it was just as good as the American-made model in every measurable way--except some of the machining was smoother in the "foreign" scope, perhaps because of the new equipment. Right now have nine of them on various rifles from a .17 HMR rimfire to a NULA .257 Weatherby Magnum, and have never had trouble with any.

Last edited by Mule Deer; 02/23/23.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck